Support:

CallYa

Antworten

Reactivation of CallYa prepaid sim card

Hi there,

I am not sure if this is the correct place to ask this question - this is my first post here.

I am a tourist in Germany. I have a Vodafone CallYa prepaid sim card that I bought 3 weeks ago. I got an SMS from Vodafone a few days back asking me to send my foreign ID copy and proof of address to Vodafone. I sent the copy of my foreign passport to Vodafone (online) but since I do not have any permanent address in Germany, I could not send the proof of address.

Yesterday, my sim card has been locked and I cannot make or receive an calls and SMS. I would like to re-activate my sim card as soon as possible. What do I need to do now?

Thanks.

SuperUser

Betreff: Reactivation of CallYa prepaid sim card

rover123 schrieb:

(...) but since I do not have any permanent address in Germany, I could not send the proof of address.

As you can see here in the online registration form, a valid residential address is required for registration (marked as * mandatory).

Since you cannot provide one, it may become difficult to register and reactivate the SIM for legal reasons.

Ein Klick auf "Danke" tut nicht weh - ich sage schon mal "Dankeschee!"

Achtung, es folgt eine Signatur: Wenn überhaupt, dann jammern wir auf einem extrem hohen Niveau.

Thank you for your reply.

When I first activated the sim card I did provide my current address in Germany. However, I could not provide a proof of that address. I can get a letter from my landlord that I am staying at this address and provide to Vodafone. Will that help in re-activating the sim card?

SuperUser

You can try that.  However, I am all but sure that this will suffice in terms of legal requirements regarding your residential address.

Ein Klick auf "Danke" tut nicht weh - ich sage schon mal "Dankeschee!"

Achtung, es folgt eine Signatur: Wenn überhaupt, dann jammern wir auf einem extrem hohen Niveau.

Thanks.

That means, people who are temporarily in Germany (tourists like me) or someone without a permanent address, they cannot have a Vodafone prepaid sim card.

I'll go to a Vodafone shop and submit the documents I can and see what happens.

Thanks again. If you come across any possible ways to re-activate (relevant to my situation) please let me know. I would not like to change my mobile number - I have already given it to a lot of people.

Have a nice day!

Moderatorin

Hi rover123, 

corresponding to the law against terrorism § 111 section 1 (1) we are legally obliged to prove the credentials and the mailing address where the customer is reported in Germany.

Obeying these legal requirements it´s the truth that tourists like you have the disadvantage when applying for a prepaid card. 

Anyway, I wish you an very nice stay here in Germany.

Regards

Heike 

(Mod)

Alles Easy How To Hilfe !