Antworten
Highlighted
Neuling
Akzeptierte Lösung

CH7466CE DynDNS and Port Forwarding

[ Editiert ]

Hi, I would like to clarify 2 doubts. The first is the DynDNS option. I can not find it on my router configuration page ( https://kabel.vodafone.de/static/media/Compal_WLANRouter_CH7466CE.pdf page 30).

Router Menu

The second question is about port forwarding. How do I configure both TCP and UDP forwarding to a single machine? I was able to add the MAC address to my MAC address, but it did not work.

Port forwarding error

This is the Software Version I'm using: CH7466CE-4.50.19.12-NOSH

Best regards,

Augusto

Akzeptierte Lösungen
Trophäensammler

Betreff: CH7466CE DynDNS and Port Forwarding

Hi,

You have to distinguish between services for IPv4 and IPv6. Since you get no public IPv4-address you can ignore all things about IPv4, no ddns and portforwarding.

Services for IPv6 are a little bit different. The most important difference is - every device gets its own address. That means: you need ddns for every device and you need only to open the firewall. Your router has a "switch" to open the IPv6 firewall completely. I am a little bit surprised about your screenshot with IPv6 portforwarding. This feature maybe an improvement - for a selective firewall adjustment or it maybe completely stupid nonsense with IPv6 NAT.

Regards
Thomas Schäfer

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

Alle Antworten
Trophäensammler

Betreff: CH7466CE DynDNS and Port Forwarding

Hi,

You have to distinguish between services for IPv4 and IPv6. Since you get no public IPv4-address you can ignore all things about IPv4, no ddns and portforwarding.

Services for IPv6 are a little bit different. The most important difference is - every device gets its own address. That means: you need ddns for every device and you need only to open the firewall. Your router has a "switch" to open the IPv6 firewall completely. I am a little bit surprised about your screenshot with IPv6 portforwarding. This feature maybe an improvement - for a selective firewall adjustment or it maybe completely stupid nonsense with IPv6 NAT.

Regards
Thomas Schäfer