Antworten
Smart-Analyzer

New Connection: Internet Isn't Working

[ Editiert ]

Dear Vodafone Help Desk,

I have received my modem for my Red Internet & Phone 400 Cable package with the Wireless Cable Router. Today, I plugged it in using the multimedia adaptor (per the video instructions on the website) and unfortunately it isn't working. The Power and Internet ("@") symbols are flashing constantly. I don't think it's anything I can fix.

I belive I need to organise a technician to visit my apartment and help to connect the cable. 
I've had a bit of trouble with the help line. I had a German friend ring up for me but I just want to be 100% certain. 

If an English speaking Vodafone representive can reach out to me, that would be fantastic.

Many thanks.

Edit: Board adapted

SuperUser

Betreff: New Connection: Internet Isn't Working

Have you checked if the connection has already been activated (in terms of the date of activation already being in the past)?

Ein Klick auf "Danke" tut nicht weh - ich sage schon mal "Dankeschee!"

Achtung, es folgt eine Signatur: Wenn überhaupt, dann jammern wir auf einem extrem hohen Niveau.

Highlighted
Smart-Analyzer

[ Editiert ]

Thank you for your reply. I'm not sure, maybe not. Where would I find this information? I have my welcome pack with me. The order was placed 01/07/2018 and I received the pack on 10/01/2018. But I can not find any other dates.

Can activating be done online?

EDIT: I have used the Aktivierungscode and Kundenummer to make a myKabel account. I did this on 11.01.2018. 

SuperUser

Aussie89 schrieb:

EDIT: I have used the Aktivierungscode and Kundenummer to make a myKabel account. I did this on 11.01.2018. 

Is there any specific activation date noted on the letter/email with which you received those details?

Achtung, es folgt eine Signatur: Wenn überhaupt, dann jammern wir auf einem extrem hohen Niveau.

Smart-Analyzer

[ Editiert ]

No, there are no dates other than what I posted above, unfortunately.

And "01.07.18" should be 07.01.18.

SuperUser

Okay, thanks for clarifying.  I had already guessed that we most probably were not talking about a connection to be ordered in July of this year only. Smiley (zwinkernd)

Looks like there's no way past getting a tech person to check and install your connection (preferably before July as well).  You could either have a German speaker call the hotline again for you to arrange for that or you can wait for a moderator to drop by in this thread.

However, as the mods are not online 24/7 and the handle the threads as "first in - first out", this may take a little while.  Just please refrain from using both possibilities at once, that may only make things complicated.

Smart-Analyzer

Thanks, I thought as much.

I'll leave this thread open for the moderators to reply to then.

Re: New Connection: Internet Isn't Working

Hello, Aussie89,

if the modem does not respond after correct connection, a technician is required.

If the account is not activated, a download page with an activation request will appear.

Did you order this via the hotline?

Greeting Fred

Alles Easy How To Hilfe !